2015 V8 Supercars Gold Coast 60012/10/2015
Extra Services for GC600
The V8 Supercar Championship returns to the Gold Coast in October. The V8 Superfest runs from 16 October through to the last day of racing on 25 October and includes a number of events.
Head to the V8 Supercars website to find more details.
Throughout the racing weekend (23rd October to 25th October) we will be running extra services to help cater for the GC600 event crowds around the track. Ride the G: to Main Beach station or Surfers Paradise North station to get dropped off right at the gates to the event (click here for event map or transport suggestions)
- Friday 7pm – 9pm
- Saturday 8am – 11pm
- Sunday 8am – 6pm
It doesn’t fit nicely into our normal frequency infographic, but all you need to know is that trams will be at a 15 minute frequency or better from 5 am to midnight every day across the V8 Supercars GC600 event, so you can turn up and go. For a full breakdown, check out the table below:
Plus, if you have a pre-purchased event ticket, you can travel for free on the G: as well as all regular Queensland Rail City Network trains and Surfside buses!
To plan your journey, go to www.translink.com.au journey planner and choose GC600 as your destination.
7 best tips for travelling to and from the GC600
- Main Beach station may be just outside the main gates, but Surfers Paradise North station is at the southern end of the track and is much less crowded
- If you’re heading to the concert – just walk over the pedestrian bridge on the track side of the road across the Nerang River
- If you have pre-purchased a ticket to the GC600, you can travel for free that day on the trams to and from the track if you have your ticket with you
- After the event, if you’re headed north on the trams, head to Main Beach station, if you’re headed south, go to Surfers Paradise North station
- Buses and trams are both free for GC600 ticket holding patrons, so you can jump on either mode
- We’ll have extra services to help get everyone home after the race finishes, but expect a wait time of up to an hour if you’re planning on catching the tram
- Getting to the GC600? Gates 1, 2, 7 are closest to Main Beach station, Gates 3, 4, 5, 6 are closest to Surfers Paradise North station