Browsers provide built in controls to zoom and increase text size to accommodate for different reader needs.
For Windows users
- Press Ctrl and ‘+’ (plus) to zoom in
- Press Ctrl and ‘-‘ (minus) to zoom out
- Press Ctrl and ‘0’ (zero) to return the page to its original size
For Mac users
- Press Command and ‘+’ (plus) to zoom in
- Press Command and ‘-‘ (minus) to zoom out
- Press Command and ‘0’ (zero) to return the page to its original size
To change the size with a mouse, hold down the CTRL (or COMMAND) key, and then scroll the wheel to zoom in or out.
The steps outlined above to change the text size will not affect the size of other elements of web pages, such as graphics and controls. To change the size of everything on the page, many browsers have a zoom feature.
Internet Explorer 7 and above
- On the bottom right corner of the browser, click the down arrow to the right of the Change Zoom Level button
- Choose one of the percentage options.
- Open the View menu
- Ensure Zoom Text Only is not selected
- Open the View menu again and choose Zoom In or Zoom Out.