Novel Coronavirus Update02/04/2020
The safety, health and well-being of our customers and staff are our highest priority. We are monitoring developments regarding novel coronavirus (COVID-19) closely and will continue to act on official health advice. Present advice is to limit all non-essential travel. If you do need to travel, try to maintain social distancing and travel outside peak, if possible. In a situation like this, our collective ability to remain calm, to follow health and safety processes as well as our sense of solidarity will help protect yourself and others.
At G:link, we are closely monitoring advice from health authorities and we encourage all our passengers and staff to follow official health advice and key prevention measures. To protect yourself and others, we recommend following Queensland Health’s advice regarding good hand and respiratory hygiene, including:
• Staying home if you are unwell
• Cleaning hands with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rubs
• Maintaining a social distance of 1.5 metres from other people
• Covering your mouth or nose with a flexed elbow or tissue when coughing or sneezing
• Avoiding contact with anyone who has symptoms such as a fever, cough, sore throat, fatigue and shortness of breath
To help minimise the risk onboard our services G:link are:
• Increasing cleaning of touch points on trams
• Trams are cleaned every day at the end of service with hospital grade sanitising products
• Cleaners are on the system to attend to any station and tram related issues during operations
• Promoting the public health message of good personal hygiene practice
We will continue to closely monitor this situation and will fully comply with the advice and guidance provided by the relevant Government authorities in Australia. In the event of any changes, we will keep our passengers and staff regularly informed of the instructions and recommendations given by the authorities. We encourage all of our passengers and staff to look after themselves and each other through this time.
For information contact us on 1800 064 928 or email customerservice@RideTheG.com.au